Monday 4 March 2013

Glass Blowing Session :)

My three initial glass blowing pieces came back today. I am please with one of them, the other two not so much. However, I have learnt a lot and can now progress with more. As glass blowing isn't taught on my course due to H&S we design the work and take it to Anthony Wassell at the Harley Gallery.



 This was my first, a duck egg blue opaque with GlassTaffy Hydrangea frit and then pulled into a curl. The curl wasn't as elaborate as I wanted but now I have seen it again I am really please.



This next piece is made from recycled coloured offcuts from Anthony. I chose opaque yellow, transparent red and a transparent orange (which you can hardly see). I am not sure why I chose this colours as they are really not me! The top we decided to try and manipulate by hand, I had a go, but we got too excited and melted it and ruined the curl.




And the final piece is a transparent indigo with emerald green foil ontop. As the foil has been applied between layers of clear it has air bubbles which have statred to pop in transit. I like the efffect the foil has but I don't think it is as striking as the frit. I also experiemtned with the shape here, creating a more subtle curve instead of a twist. 

So pleased and cannot wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment