Sunday 28 April 2013

Signed limited edition

I decided it was best to sign my blown work, as much as I'd like to have my jewellery Hallmarked with my own stamp for the degree show its just not plausible (both cost and time wise) but hopefully in the future I will. But I wanted to sign my blown pieces as if I was to sell them in the shop/degree show I want my name on them. 

Before I could sign them I dremeled the bottoms to create a smooth finish and them covered them with a felt bottom, one, to make them smooth on the surface they will be on and two, to add some stability so they don't roll around. 



I bought a GlassPainter (1mm) pen from eBay for £2.50 which does not require any fixing, however you can pop it in the oven if you want to wash it higher than 40'C.



So after a bit of practice, I took the plunge and wrote on my yellow pebble. 


My pieces will all be signed and either avaliable from the Notch Show or popup shop. 
Keep your eye peeled :)


No comments:

Post a Comment